Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Viva il Papa

Well folks, yesterday was a pretty amazing day for me.  Riding the wave of amazingness (I make up my own words) that came with attending mass on Sunday in St. Peter's Square where the Church elevated six Blesseds to Sainthood, our Holy Father wrote me a personal letter!  Well if you want to get technical he wrote it to all seminarians, but nonetheless, I felt pretty special.  Having been at mass with him the day before and the fact that he lives all of about 7 minutes away on foot made this letter take on a whole new meaning and made it very real. I am not ashamed to admit that I even got a little teary-eyed towards the end of it.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take a moment to read it.  Even if you are not a seminarian, which I suspect many of you reading this are not, I think it would be great for you to read it.  I think it will give you an idea of what is expected of us in the seminary from Holy Mother Church.  You will also see our Holy Father's view of seminary formation.  With this new knowledge I think that your prayer for seminarians will be more real and fervent (not that I am doubting your prayers for me in the least, but a little help can never hurt)!  Anyway, lest you spend too much time here and not reading the letter, here it is:

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2010/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20101018_seminaristi_en.html

In Christ,
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment