Monday, October 29, 2012

Appealing to the Senses

     This is a little update to my previous post.  I wrote there about the appeal to the senses, especially that of sight in the Church.  This past weekend, I was blessed to be able to travel to Turin.  My main goal was to pray at the tomb of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati who has been haunting me (in a good way) for the past year (full post to come with that story).  Another great gift of this trip was being able to spend time in the Cathedral where they house the Shroud of Turin, which many believe to be the burial shroud of Christ.  Though the shroud was not on display there was a picture hanging above the protective case where it is housed.  Praying in the presence of the shroud and gazing upon the image of Christ's face was an amazing and powerful experience for me.  I kept gazing up at the image and thinking about the quote from the last post, "We have seen God and we will never be the same!"  Wow!


In Christ,
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment